Sales managers have two choices. It's still the first quarter of the year and you can improve your success and go flying past your targets in this very year by choosing one of them. The first option is as follows:
- Convince your team to reach out to more people than they did last year
- Make incremental improvements to your skills as a manager
- Tell your people to reach out to customers who haven't done business with you in over a year
- Spend more time with your people understanding their needs and motivations
- Reduce time-wasting activities
- Read two sales management blog articles per week (make sure this is one of them!)
- Look for ways to help each of your people improve skills and remove success barriers
- Create a no-excuse culture of responsibility
- Reexamine why do what you do and re-associate to it to motivate yourself
- Develop your coaching skills
- Work on holding your people accountable
- Make recruiting a core competency and upgrade the bottom of your team
If you do all that, you will have a better year than last year. You'll be turning your amp all the way up to 10, the highest number on the dial.
But you have another choice, don't you? Buy a new amp that goes to 11. Get excited to have the best year of your entire career. Choose to be legendary. Make your number one goal to be the very best. The best manager. The best coach. The best motivator. The one boss that everyone mentions during an interview that had the most influence on their career and their success. The most outstanding sales manager you can be - just that much better than great.
Turn your game all the way up to 11. Commit to a year of making your own improvement in your role a top priority so your team will get the most from you, perform at their best, and sail past their numbers like it was easy, almost as if they had been sandbagging. Decide once and for all that you going to stop dabbling, stop trying, and stop merely thinking about getting the training you deserve and coming to the renowned Kurlan Sales Leadership Intensive on March 19th and 20th, and actually do it!
Because you got this far in article, by clicking here you will receive $100 discount to secure your place in our limited capacity training center for two very intense days that will elevate your sales management game permanently - all the way to 11.
Book Dennis Connelly to speak at your event.
Photo Credit: Really? This article is in no way affiliated with the exceedingly funny movie, This is Spinal Tap. While I can't imagine the owners of the film would willingly promote an actual sales blog, unless it was a mock blog that maybe they wrote and that I would happily read, I'm sure they wouldn't pass up the chance to have one more voice proliferating the enormously important phrase they have added to our pop cultural lexicon. I know I'm taking a risk using their movie image, but sometimes you have to go outside of your comfort zone. That's what I'm asking you to do. See you on the 19th, if it hasn't already sold out.