I just got off the phone with a client who wished to know how they should run their sales meetings. Currently, they read off the inventory that needs to be sold, berate the salespeople for their chronic lack of performance, and provide updates. Doesn't that sound awful? Here's what I suggest for a one-hour, concise, controlled, formatted, results-orientated sales meeting:
- Intro and Today’s Theme
- Success Stories – Limit to 5 stories, each under 2 minutes, about new account, new product, and HOW they accomplished it with a lesson learned.
- Call for Help – Limit to 5 calls for help, state their challenge and ask if anyone can help them.
- Unfinished business – info share: requests, changes, updates, new. No more than 15 minutes.
- Training – 10 minutes on something specific.
- Motivation – motivational message and weekly contest. Contest should be “new” focused as in most new products, accounts, appointments, line items, etc. Limit to 15 minutes.
(c) Copyright 2006 Objective Management Group, Inc.