When a top producer doesn't assess well on Objective Management Group's Sales Assessment, how can it be explained?
These are some of the possible explanations:
- They inherited the business
- They have been around so long that all of the market wants to buy from them
- They are so likable that everyone wants to do business with them
- There is very little resistance in their marketplace among their targets so weaknesses don't have a negative impact
- The results on which they are measured aren't the correct numbers on which to judge performance
- They are being supported by an effective team, without whom they would fail.
- They have some intangibles that aren't duplicatable or replicable in others
- The assessment was inaccurate
The findings in the assessment are accurate almost 100% of the time and the conclusions/recommendations in the assessment are accurate about 95% of the time. Since it's not perfect, we need to explain when there is an obvious disconnect. The most common explanations are examples #1 and #2 above. Sometimes it's #7. It's hardly ever #8.
(c) Copyright 2008 Dave Kurlan