Explosive Growth. Positive Momentum. Better Morale. Greater Confidence. Improved Capabilities.
Wouldn't you just love using those phrases to describe your sales force?
We know from the data in this article that according to Objective Management Group (OMG), sales managers who spend at least 50% of their time coaching have salespeople who are 28% more effective.
We know from OMG's data in this article that sales managers who are effective at coaching have salespeople who are 16% more effective.
And we know from the same data that sales managers who spend at least 50% of their time coaching AND are effective at coaching have salespeople who are 49% more effective.
That's 49% more effective!
So what would a 49% bump mean to you and your company and what will it take to get there?
For your coaching to have that kind of impact takes dedication and practice. It's not easy. But if you want to be recognized for the growth, impressive revenue bump, and subsequent increase in earnings, it is well worth the effort.
Let's work backwards. Coaching is effective when salespeople consistently:
- Rave that the coaching was incredibly helpful
- Ask how soon they can be coached again
- Respond by doing exactly what they were coached to do and getting a positive result
- Discover at least 2 lessons learned from a coaching conversion
- Grow the quantity and quality of their pipeline
- Shorten their sales cycle
- Improve their closing ratio
And you will become an effective sales coach when you are able to effortlessly:
- Debrief recent sales calls by working your salespeople backwards through the call
- Punch holes in the information your salespeople provide
- Identify the two reasons (cause and effect) for each sales call that did not achieve the desired outcome.
- Role-play any scenario, at any point in the sales process, playing the part of the salesperson
- Provide your salespeople an appropriate plan of action to implement the lessons learned
- Hold your salespeople accountable for the changes they agree to
Those are two good sets of guidelines but guidelines alone won't be enough to transition you from where you are today to where you need to be. It's all about how to be more effective and you can't learn that from a list.
That's why so many sales leaders attend my annual Sales Leadership Intensive. I usually offer that annually in the spring but we sold out with a waiting list in May so we are offering a fall session this year.
It's two intense days with me and my team. At least half of those two days are devoted to mastering the art of coaching salespeople. This is not material you have ever heard or learned before. You'll also leave with a sales process, appropriate metrics and keys to holding your salespeople accountable to change. The session is limited to just 24 people and there are 15 seats available as of September 15.
This. Will. Work.
Clear the dates - October 29-30.
Learn more here.
Use this special link to receive a 30% discount when you register.
The event will take place west of Boston at our training facilities in Westboro MA. The best nearby hotel is the Doubletree Hotel just a mile down the road. I hope you'll join us!
Image Copyright iStock Photos