Regular readers know that I write a lot - more 1,800 articles on sales and sales leadership over the past since 2006. I'll be the first to admit that the articles are not all award-winners but readers find most of them helpful, entertaining, and good enough to keep coming back. And a few dozen of them have won awards.
But are the articles better than say, a lively podcast on the same topic? A television interview? A radio interview?
There are pros and cons to both. The advantage of the articles is that you know what you are getting because you can see it and you know how long it will take to read since the vast majority take only a few minutes. Interviews and podcasts run much longer, most ranging from 30-60 minutes but the advantage is that you can really hear and/or see the message come to life so much more than with the written word. Why? I'm a better speaker than writer!
Over the years there have been a number of interviews that I am proud of, that were well done and are worth listening to and watching. A good interview is so dependent on the interviewer, the questions they ask, and their ability to go off script and let the conversation flow.
It is finally time to devote an article series to podcasts and interviews. Here are the top interviews with me from the last several years:
- Barb Giamanco - Video Interview - How to Improve Closing Ratios
- Noah Goldman - The Enterprise Sales Podcast - on Closing, Patience, Slowing Down and Tom Brady
- Aaron Ross - Predictable Revenue - Podcast
- Barb Giamanco - Sales Hardtalk for Top Sales World - Podcast - Selling Value
- Lori Richardson - Score More Sales - Audio Interview - The Future of Sales
- Will Barron - Salesman Red - Video Interview Traits of a Great Salesperson (2016 Gold Medal Winner)
- Michael Mason - Smart Sales Pro Audio Interview Sales DNA (one of my favorites)
- Will Barron - Salesman Red - Video Interview Why Salespeople Struggle
- Frank Visgatis - Sales Rehab Podcast Audio Interview Get Prospects to Buy From You More Often
- Evan Carmichael - EvanCarmichael.com Video Interview The Pitch
- Jim Lobaito - Biz Talk Radio Audio Interview Sales Selection
- Gerhardt Gschwandtner - Selling Power TV Video Interview A New Guide for Selling Value
- Stu Heinecke - How to Get a Meeting with Anyone - Audio Interview
- Gerhardt Gschwandtner - Selling Power TV - Video Interview Build & Manage a Great Sales Force
- Jason Kanigan - Audio Interview Magical Phone Prospecting Tactics
- Jonathan Farrington - Top Sales World - Audio Interview - Why Sales Managers are not More Effective
- Evan Carmichael - Video Interview - Selling Value
- Sales Mastery Summit - Video Interview - Sales Pipeline
- Gerhardt Gschwandtner - Selling Power TV - Video Interview - Sales Leaders Need to Create Value (44,000 views)
- Gerhardt Gschwandtner - Selling Power TV - Video Interview - What to do with Millennials
- Gerhardt Gschwandtner - Selling Power TV - Video Interview - How to Create a Predictive Sales Model
- Gerhardt Gschwandtner - Selling Power TV - Video Interview - How to Adapt to the Massive Changes in Selling
- Gerhardt Gschwandtner - Selling Power TV - Video Interview - Sales Coaching
- Gerhardt Gschwandtner - Selling Power TV Video Interview - Selling Value
- Will Barron - The Salesman Podcast - Video Interview - Is Excuse Making Holding you Back?
- Kurt Mortenson - Maximize Your Influence Podcast - Audio Interview - Sales Process and More
- Richard Smith - Refract TV - Video Interview - How to Achieve Great ROI from Sales Training
- Jonathan Farrington - Top Sales World Roundtable - Audio - Why are Sales Managers So Weak?
- APS with Pete Evans - Audio Interview - The Importance of Evaluating Salespeople
- Deborah Penta - - Audio Interview - Selling Through a Crisis
- Bob Howard - Audio Interview - Cold Calling During Uncertain Times
- Sales POP - Audio Interview - Selling During a Pandemic Crisis
- Outside Sales Podcast Video Interview - Creating Sales Momentum
- George Bronten - Video Interview - Sales Process and Methodology