It's the lazy days of August and surprisingly congress is getting an earful from Americans. Whether you agree or disagree with the policy debate it's pretty hard to say that it's not having an impact.
So what is going on? Simply put Americans are pushing back.
Building credible, honest, value based relationship with prospects and clients, as is true in other parts of our lives requires us to "pushback".
- What are they really saying?
- What are their true expectations?
- Are they trying to opt in or out of the process?
- Is what they are saying realistic?
- Can they see the issues objectively?
- Is their reaction based on what makes them comfortable vs. what is true?
When we don't challenge people or do it the wrong way we do them an injustice. You are supposed to be the expert and advisor. So step up to the plate and be one. Get out of your comfort zone and ask the questions that need to be asked. If we all could see the real issues we wouldn't need any help, pushing back builds stronger relationships and sets you apart from other people and your competition.