We interviewed him; she's from our industry; we really like him; but your assessment says she is not recommended. Why can't we hire her?
That's probably the single, most frequently asked question that we hear.
So, to answer the "Why can't we?" question, there are two more questions:
- Why is this happening?
- Why isn't the candidate recommended?
- The candidate must have both strong desire and strong commitment for sales success. Deal breakers.
- The candidate must enjoy selling and be highly motivated. Deal breakers.
- The candidate must possess the minimum required sales DNA (the strengths that support successful selling) for their role at your company. Deal breaker.
- The candidate must have the minimum required selling skills for the role. Deal breaker.
- The candidate must meet all of the client-specific selling criteria for the role. Deal breaker.
- They could have struggled and be at the point where they can make a tremendous contribution;
- They could have succeeded and be at the point where they can't do it (build a territory, book of business or customer base) again;
- They could have struggled and, because little has changed, they will continue to struggle;
- They could have succeeded and be well-positioned for continued success.