Following are my thoughts about how you, the leader of your salespeople, can help them overcome Happy Ears. Slip into these five roles to help them be more realistic about and more comprehensive with their opportunities.
- Be their Doubting Thomas - Be more pessimistic than them.
- Be their Carpenter - punch holes in everything they tell you by asking, "how do you know?" or "did they actually say that or is that what you think?"
- Be their Elephant - remind them of the last time they told you this - and what happened late when they were caught by surprise.
- Be their Show Director - rehearse them for what they must ask - before the call - through role play.
- Be their Coach - Do less cheerleading and more challenging.
Baseline Selling Webinar Series - begins next week - for Owners and Solopreneurs Only
Defeating the Enemy and Dominating Your Market - 10/15 - a Top Sales Experts Master Class
Close More Sales by Shortening Your Sales Cycle - 10/8 - a Business Experts Webinar
After the Cutting - How Successful Companies are Selling Their Way Back to the Top 11/3 - Top Executives only use Discount Code DK1103 to avoid paying fees.
(c) Copyright 2009 Dave Kurlan