Some sales calls just go so well, flow so smoothly and have little to no resistance. Some have no competition, others have plenty of money and a few allow unlimited access to senior decision-makers. Some of your sales happen so quickly that you wonder why they can't all be that easy.
Your salespeople can have more easy calls, but you'll have to change up a few things.
- They'll need to qualify much more thoroughly. Those easy sales were already prequalified, but it wasn't your salespeople who did the thorough qualifying. The customers just happened to meet all of the criteria.
- They'll need to differentiate much more effectively. Your company was differentiated because your customer had already eliminated your competitors. They were ready for you!
- They'll need to do a better job of selling value. Your company's value proposition was well-known to your customer before your salesperson called or appeared.
For the prior three things to occur on a regular basis, your salespeople must become proficient at selling more consultatively. When all is said and done, that means being able to do three things better than your competition:
- Ask good, tough, timely questions and
- Uncover the compelling reasons to buy from you.