Can you remember that time, back in school, when you did something so embarrassing that you wanted to run away and hide forever? Of course you do - it was all about you. But I will wager any amount of money that you are the only one who remembers. The others who were there that day and anyone you might have told have long forgotten. It - wasn't - about - them.
The same phenomenon applies to selling.
You and your salespeople have made dozens of horrible, embarrassing calls to prospects and companies. While you and your salespeople remember your act of extreme failing, the prospects don't. They wouldn't remember you, your salespeople or your horrible attempts if their lives depended on it. Doesn't that mean you could try again and nobody would be the wiser?
Why not make it next month's initiative?
With prospects whom you thought you'd never call again:
- Prize for most conversations,
- Prize for most (qualified) meetings scheduled ,
- Prize for most opportunities entered into the pipeline,
- Prize for most accounts closed/opened/sold,
- Prize for the largest sale and/or
- Prize for the first sale.
They won't remember. Treat it like a first call.