As we approach the end of the year, do you pass judgement on the personal contributions you made to your wallet, family, friends, co-workers, customers, community, industry, religion, and the world during the past year?
How did you do?
If you're like me, you did really well in some areas, and in others, not very good.
In today's article, I'll look back on the 100 articles I wrote in the past year and pass judgement. I have included links to the most popular, most discussed, most shared, and my personal favorites from this year. These are the most important issues for salespeople, sales managers and sales leaders, as well as their CEOs as we head into 2015.
As I click on the links to these articles, they are truly the best of 2014, a treasure trove of sales, sales management, and sales leadership content. Please Enjoy!
Let's start with topics:
The 5 topics I wrote about most often were:
- Sales Selection and Recruiting 18%
- Social Selling, Inbound and Inside Sales 12%
- Sales Management and Sales Leadership 9%
- Pipeline, Forecasts and CRM 8%
- Finding New Business 7%
The 5 most popular articles were:
- Top 10 Mistakes Salespeople Make on the Phone (Funny Read) a finalist for Top Sales Blog Post of 2014
- The Best Top 10 Lists for Sales and Sales Management (links to 50 great articles)
- Are Inside Sales and Consultative Selling Mutually Exclusive?
- Can These 5 Keys Determine the Fate of Cold Calling? another finalist for Top Sales Blog Post of 2014
- Could it Really be The Death of SPIN Selling?
The 5 articles that were shared most often on LinkedIn were:
- Top 5 Sales Issues Leaders Should Not Focus On
- The Biggest Secret of Salespeople that Rock
- Why My Golfing May be Just Like Your Sales Recruiting
- Sales Managers are Sometimes Like Cashiers
- Why There is No Value When You Provide Value Via Special Pricing
- Baseball, Sales Cycles, and the Quest for Shorter
- How Stealing 2nd Base is Today's Secret to Success in Sales
- The Sales Epidemic That is Neutralizing Salespeople Everywhere
- Is This an Example of Succeeding or Failing at Inside Sales?
- Are You Any Good at Evaluating Sales Talent?
Enjoy my Blog? Please support my free content by voting for:
- Understanding the Sales Force as the Top Sales & Marketing Blog of 2014
- Increase in Social Selling Yields No Increase in KPI for best Sales & Marketing Article of 2014
- Objective Management Group (OMG) for Top Sales Assessment Tool
- Top 10 Mistakes Salespeople Make on the Phone for Top Sales & Marketing Blog Post of 2014
- Modern Science Behind Sales Force Excellence as Top eBook or White Paper of 2014
- Secrets to Becoming a Master at Sales Coaching as Top Webinar of 2014
- What Does it Mean for a Salesperson to Have SOB Quality for Top Video of 2014