Just when it seems that I don't have any more articles to write, another year has passed and I've now surpassed 1,800 articles on my Blog. As with any other year, some are really good and some aren't as good but I try to inject my style of using analogies because everywhere I look I see a correlation to sales and sales leadership.
For example, as I look out the window, Dinger, our Golden Doodle, is trying to find a good place to do his business in the snow. He picks a spot, rejects it, chooses another, rejects it, and circles around and gets distracted, and asks to come back inside without having done what he went out there to do.
To me, that sounds like a lot of salespeople! They sit at their desk, open their list of prospects, come up with reasons not to call or follow up, finally choose a prospect they feel good about calling, get distracted by an incoming email, get a cup of coffee, go back to the computer, choose another contact, get distracted again, this time by social media, and leave for lunch without having done what they were supposed to do.
After reviewing the 50 or so 2019 articles, I have chosen the top 10 articles based on views, comments here and comments and likes on LinkedIn and Twitter.. Most of these articles rely on statistics from Objective Management Group and/or correlate to strong analogies. Enjoy!
10 Most Popular Articles (Views, Comments and Likes)
1. The 14 Lies Preventing Salespeople from Getting Their Prospects into a Buying State of Mind
2. Change in Approach Leads to 304% Increase in Sales Effectiveness
3. The Top 8 Requirements for Becoming a Great Salesperson
4. How Big of a Role Does Age Play in Sales Effectiveness
5. The Best Salespeople are 2733% More Likely to Have This Than the Worst Salespeople
6. How All Those Trucks on the Road Can Help You Stop Discounting
7. New Data Shows That Top Salespeople are 2800% Better at Disrupting the Flow
8. Sales Process and Why So Many Salespeople Lose Their Way
9. How to Transform Your Sales Pipeline Today
10. The Best Salespeople are 791% Better at This Than Weak Salespeople
The Red Sox are my favorite baseball team but they didn't make the playoffs this year. It doesn't always work out that my favorite teams are champions! Similarly, five of my favorite articles from 2019 failed to make it into this year's top 10.
My Favorites from 2019
2. Did You Know That the Beatles Taught us about Selling
3. Your Last Chance to Make a Good First Impression
4. A Tale of Three Squirrels and Their Human Counterparts in Sales
5. New Data Reveals a Powerful New Score for Sales Effectiveness
Image copyright iStock Photos